Welcome to this blog. I've created as a place to collect poems and stories that I like. Feel free to browse around to see what there is. Come back again as I am continually adding more!

Oh, and I've tried to give credit to authors where I've been able to find them but if you find something here with an author unknown and can verify the author for me, please let me know!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Temple Handkerchief

When I was in Young Women's our Young women presidency gave us each a handkerchief with this poem in a card. The card was title I'm Going There Someday

This handkerchief was made with love
especially for you by __________________ (mine was made by Sister Gloria Dockstader

We want to give you this handkerchief
To remind you we are always concerned
About to who and where you will be married
And how well this principle you have learned,

Have you truly made a commitment
To follow our Father's plan?
That you may kneel in His house
Someday in marriage to a worthy man.

Nothing will bring you greater joy,
When you come to your wedding day,
But to know you kept yourself clean
And pure in a very special way.

Will you save and cherish this handkerchief
Thru the next few years of your life?
To remind you of our Father's plan
To be eternally husband and wife.

And when that beautiful day arrives,
And you've pledged your love so true,
Will you take this lovely handkerchief
To that holy place with you?

Love,

______________________

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I was given one of these too but I can't find my card, I have my hankie and use it, I want a copy of the picture of the girl on front where the hankie is tucked into the card to make a dress, do you have that card, I wanted to give a copy to my YW girls that are graduating.