Welcome to this blog. I've created as a place to collect poems and stories that I like. Feel free to browse around to see what there is. Come back again as I am continually adding more!

Oh, and I've tried to give credit to authors where I've been able to find them but if you find something here with an author unknown and can verify the author for me, please let me know!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dad, I Appreciate You

It's such a special blessing
To have a Dad like you
To honor and appreciate
Each day, my whole life through.

You've been a good example,
Like fathers ought to be,
And I'm so glad you'll be my Dad
For all eternity.

You've been the kind of person
I want to be some day,
A true and noble gentle man
In your own special way.

I'm glad you married Mother,
So many years ago,
And brought her love and happiness
By letting your love show.

You both are very special,
Especially to me,
But since this is your day, Dad,
I'm hoping you will see

How very much I love you,
And wish you happiness,
The kind that you have given me,
My light and life to bless.

Heart Thoughts by Jim
jandb@sisna.com

No comments: